heidi, jordan, and elle ... experiencing life ...

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring has Sprung!


my peas are up!! i am so excited! to see new life spring forth from the earth is so rewarding. it reminds me that the innate wisdom of the earth and universe work so perfectly together... definitely more perfect than my egg cartons and grow light for sure!! when comparing my spindly little seedlings that i tried in vain to keep alive (only the peppers are still alive...) to these little pea shoots that have broken though the crusty soil (and it is reaaally crusty for some reason!), i am in awe, and have great respect for the perfect symphony of life that is so powerful in the springtime.
spring has also rewarded us with the opportunity to use its power to help us
with the chores! my first load of laundry hung out to dry in the wind made me so happy, that i was actually a little surprised at how good i felt!...doing laundry! it brought us back to a time when things moved slower, and i think maybe it really does help time to move slower. to methodically place each item of clothing on the line forces one's body and being to slow down and breathe for a change.
the other evening, with a load-and-a-half still on the line, i was tempted to just leave them there for night, and do some other things on the not-so-important to-do list in my head. i must've felt at least a little on edge, or crabby, because after i decided that maybe i really should take the clothes off the line, my whole body, mind, attitude-everything felt so much better! i could physically feel myself lighten! the to-do list didn't go away of course, but the need to stop, and be present, and feel the breeze on my face reminded me that just being, and enjoying every moment, is what really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment